Term & Conditions
Last Updated: 1 November 2022
In this document, "the Company" shall refer to English Ninjas Enrichment and Tuition Centre Pte Ltd, while "the Centre" shall refer to any of the Company's physical premises.
WEEKLY SCHEDULED CLASS REGISTRATION & DEPOSITS
- In order for us to reserve a place for your child during enrolment and in the following terms, a payment is required for:
- The registration fee (non-refundable) of $30.00 AND
- The refundable deposit of $200.00
- Payments are to be made using the PayNow QR code reflected in your invoice. Payments made in this manner ensures that your payment is automatically recorded and captured in our system.
- The deposit may not be used to offset your child’s term fees or any other payments due.
- We do not accept cash or cheque payments. All payments are to be made electronically.
A deposit is required in case parents enrol their children for class but do not take up the reserved slot without giving any notice of withdrawal, thus, depriving another child a place in the class. Your child’s place in a class in any new term, following enrolment, is automatic to ensure continuity in learning and also to minimise administrative costs and inconvenience to you. The deposit you pay covers the place reserved.
WORKSHOP AND SHORT COURSE REGISTRATION
- In order for us to reserve a place for your child in a workshop or short course, full payment must be made through the registration and payment process.
- Payments are to be made through the payment portal on our website.
- All payments are non-refundable but may be converted into credit for future workshops within one calendar year of the original workshop date.
- Workshops and credits issued are non-transferrable and cannot be used to offset any other fees.
- We do not accept cash or cheque payments. All payments are to be made through the online payment portal.
- The refundable deposit will be returned to you only when we receive from you a written notice (delivered by hand, via post or email) of your intention to terminate your child’s attendance at the Centre. Regardless of your child’s date of enrolment, this withdrawal notice must be served at least 4 weeks (28 days) from the last day of the term that your child is currently attending lessons in. (Please refer to our Company Calendar for term dates and withdrawal deadlines) Insufficient notice of withdrawal will result in administrative costs and revenue losses for the Company.
- The deposit will be forfeited if any of the following occurs :
- Your child fails to take up a reserved place in a class. In such a case, your child’s place may be given away to others on the waiting list, unless the term fees have been paid up in full.
- You give less than 4 weeks’ notice of termination before the end of the current term.
- All deposit refunds will be processed within 4 weeks after the last day of the term. Please indicate your preference and provide us with details for an i-banking transfer or PayNow transfer.
- Term fees must be paid in before the new term starts. Delays in payment affect cash flows and add to administration costs. As such, a late payment fee of $20 will automatically be imposed.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate class attendance in the event of unpaid fees by the first day of class as stated.
- Term fees paid are non-refundable regardless of the period or frequency of your child’s attendance.
- Fees may not be carried forward to the next term.
- Should the Company terminate class attendance of a student deemed disruptive or unsuitable for class even after repeated intervention and parent-teacher dialogue, only the part of the month for which the child has attended classes is chargeable and the fee balance (plus deposit) will be refunded.
TERM DATES & CLOSURE
- Please refer to our Company Calendar for the specific term dates.
- No classes will be held on Public Holidays. Students whose class(es) are affected by any public holiday will be offered a class within the same lesson cycle affected by the public holiday. An alternative Special Replacement Class (SRC) will be offered in lieu of lesson missed during a public holiday if the student is unable to attend a lesson with the same cycle. After being scheduled for a lesson within the same lesson cycle or an SRC, the lesson will not be replaced should your child not be able to make it without a valid medical certificate. SRC are to be made up within the same term and cannot be carried forward to the next term unless the public holiday falls within the last two weeks of the term.
There will be no replacement classes or compensation for students who fail to attend class without 24 hours prior notice. Failing which a copy of a medical certificate is needed for replacement of lesson missed. Parents have to call or send an email or text to the Company 24 hours before the start of class in order to request for a replacement class. Replacement classes will be offered on a best-of-effort basis within the same term. Once your child's replacement class is scheduled and confirmed, the lesson will not be replaced should your child not be able to make it without a valid medical certificate.
- Students are to be respectful towards their teachers and classmates. Vulgarities will not be tolerated.
- Students are expected to follow instructions and have their homework completed before attending their next lesson.
- Students are expected to arrive for class on time and be picked up no later than ten minutes after their class ends.
- For the safety of students, they will not be released from the Centre without adult supervision.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In order to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff, the Company reserves the right to request that a student not attend class at any time if he/she:
- Is having a fever and/or taking medication for fever.
- Has been deemed medically unfit for regular school.
- Has contracted or has been in contact with a family member who has a serious infectious condition that the Ministry of Health categorises as a Communicable Disease including but not limited to Hand Foot Mouth Disease, Chicken Pox and Covid-19.
- The Company reserves the right to request an official letter from the doctor to declare a student fit to attend lessons.
- Students who have a COVID case in the same household are required to attend their scheduled lesson remotely or opt for a special replacement. This is to ensure that the Centre remains a safe space for all.
The Company reserves the right to terminate class attendance of a student at any time if he/she is :
- Regularly disruptive during lessons even after repeated warning.
- Misbehaves (eg, dashing about in manner that puts him or herself as well as others in danger) in the Centre and in the premises of the building where the Centre is housed.
- The Company will not be responsible or liable for the loss of any personal property within the Centre premises.
- Whilst the Company and its staff will exercise the utmost care and take precautions to ensure the safety of every child during his/her attendance within its premises, parents must accept that mishaps and accidents may occur due to circumstances beyond the Company's control. Therefore, parents must agree that the Company and its staff cannot be held legally liable for such incidents and will hold harmless or indemnify the Company and its staff against such liability.
PHOTO / VIDEO RELEASE
We may take pictures or videos of your child/children while they are learning or during Company activities. It will be used primarily for, but not limited to, safety and security, operations and monitoring, marketing, teaching and service improvement. These pictures and videos may also be used in our publications, social media platforms and learning materials.
- In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, the Company collects personal data for the purpose of:
- Verification of identity and security authorisation
- Notifications of events, reminders and information from the Company
- Administrative and operational communication
- Feedback, pedagogy and service improvement, product research and statistical analysis
- The data collected shall be retained for the period of our business or ongoing relationship, or as required under any applicable law or contractual agreement, whichever is later.
- The Company will take reasonable steps in management and security to ensure the protection and privacy of all personal data in our possession.
- This Agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Supreme Court of the Republic of Singapore.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all registered students attending regular classes, trials or workshops under the Centre.
- These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time and shall be made available on our website at https://englishninjas.sg.